Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kanye's Line " Pastelle" closes before grand opening

Lay another flower on the grave of celebrity clothing lines.

Kanye West's Pastelle brand has been canceled before even officially hitting store racks. The label had been in the works since 2006, but started gaining momentum last year when Kanye was seen wearing pieces to various red-carpet functions. Images from the purported look book hit the web yesterday, but today the bomb dropped that the line won't be released now or ever. Of the line, Kanye had said, "Just getting the right designs. It's a gift and a curse. You've got all eyes on you, so if you deliver something great, it's gonna get held as, 'Oh, it's supposed to be great.' And even if it's good or it's OK or something, it's gonna get bashed. There were phases where I could just do the bear on a Polo and it would've made $100 million. At a certain point. But I always say I was a designer before I was a rapper, and I really wanted to get into design. So then, trying to start designing and goin' with my girl down to the fashion district and stuff, and looking at fabrics and stuff like that, I'm like, 'Oh, shit. This is real.' I've learned so much about materials and fabrics and applications and sequence and shiny fabrics and fits and all type of shit..." If you can't live without a bit of Kanye fashion in your life, there are always those kicks he designed for Louis Vuitton last season...

No comments:

Post a Comment